Permanent or portable panels for install?
We can help you choose which panels to build your arena. Here are a few considerations we can help with.
✓ Benefit 1: Endless Versatility When arenas are built on a budget with future plans for expansion, or the requirements of the arena change over time, our portable panels can be moved, and the structure can be easily expanded or reduced in size with minimal effort. Once permanent pens are in place, any structural modifications are often labor intensive and can require expensive third party labor costs.
✓ Benefit 2: Portability & Value Our arenas can be relocated on your current property, taken with you if you move, or repurposed into paddocks, round pens, and more. (And they keep value! Most modular panels purchased 10 years ago are worth as much today used as they were when they were originally purchased.)
✓ Benefit 3: Ease of Installation & Time Saving Unlike permanent installations, no skilled labor from welders or carpenters is required (which means it’s also cheaper). Two or three men can put up a panel arena in a fraction of the time it takes to build permanent facilities because they are so easy to work with. Installation can often be completed in one or two days from start to finish depending on the size and type of arena setup.
✓ Benefit 4: Massive Cost Savings The initial cost of a portable panel arena is less than the labor, material and time costs of a permanent installation. When taking maintenance costs into consideration, panel arenas are almost always a more cost effective investment than permanent. Many times the addition of a permanent structure, like an arena, becomes a taxable asset, while portable or “temporary” structures do not incur these taxes.
✓ Benefit 5: Adaptability to Your Current Set-up Our panels can easily be connected to many competitors’ panels and are often available with special connectors to attach to existing permanent pens. This adaptability allows you to utilize and/or connect to materials you may already have in place.
✓ Benefit 6: Good Looking & Long Lasting We use only the best materials available, and our panels are powder coated for a long lasting, good looking facility. Our powder with UV inhibitors to help the panel resist the fading effects of sunlight, ensuring that your panels look good for many years to come. This powder also results in a high gloss, furniture quality finish that has a beautiful aesthetic appeal.
✓ Benefit 7: Low Maintenance – No Re-Painting Required! Our powder coat finish is made to last, making it a great low maintenance option. Most permanent installations require expensive rust preventative maintenance every year, along with new coats of paint every few years to keep the arena looking fresh.
✓ Benefit 8: Safe for Humans & Livestock Permanent installations are often built using local welders or laborers who usually do not have experience with livestock. Given their lack of experience, they often overlook many of the details that are crucial to safety. These can range from sharp exposed edges to poor designs in regard to livestock flow.
✓ Benefit 9: Toughest Products Available Our panels feature single piece, vertical stays that are fitted through drilled rails to increase the panel’s strength. In fact, our products are so tough and reliable that they are the exclusive equipment choice of the top professionals and organizations in the country, such as the PBR and the PRCA.
✓ Benefit 10: Options, Options and More Options We understand that arenas are not a “one size fits all” product, so we offer a number of options when it comes to panel types and accessories to help each customer find the best fit for their budget. We also offers a variety of arena kits for basic riding arenas, roping arenas, rough stock arenas and combination arenas, making it easy to select an arena layout that fits a customer’s specific needs.
While the idea of having your own arena is appealing, the thought of designing and building an arena is often a daunting one. Not to worry, this is where the experts at Priefert Ranch Equipment can help. Priefert is proud to offer a number of pre-designed arena kits. Priefert’s Riding Arenas are ideal for a number of disciplines, providing a safe and attractive area for riding and practicing. Our standard Riding Arenas are 100’ wide by 200’ long and include a single 12’ gate, as well as a 6’ x 9’ bow gate. This arena layout is available in three different panel options: Economy, Utility, and Premier. Priefert’s Economy Panels are our most economically priced panel, and are proof that you don’t have to sacrifice quality or durability to save money. Our Utility Panel is our number one selling “Horse-Safe” Panel, offering a number of safety features not found on competitors’ panels. Priefert’s Premier Panels are the toughest panel on the market, constructed from our patented Quadraform™ tubing to allow for maximum strength and flexibility. All of these panels feature chain connectors to ensure tight connections and offer increased versatility to allow for connections over uneven ground. An Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish helps the panels to resist rust, scratches, and fading to add years of life to your investment. As the official equipment provider for the PRCA, NFR, and PBR, Priefert Arenas are used and endorsed by the athletes and organizations in the world.
- Priefert’s Riding Arenas are ideal for a number of disciplines, providing a safe and attractive area for riding and practicing.
- Our standard Riding Arenas are 100’ wide by 200’ long and include a single 12’ gate, as well as a 6’ x 9’ bow gate.
- This arena layout is available in three different panel options: Economy, Utility, and Premier.
- Economy Panels are Priefert’s least expensive panel option and are proof that you don’t have to sacrifice quality or durability to save money. Popular among horse owners, these panels are designed for use with cooperative animals and are NOT for heavy crowding situations.
- Our number one selling “Horse-Safe” panel line, Utility Panels are recommended for enclosures where heavy pressure is not expected.
- Premier Panels are constructed from our patented Quadraform™ tubing to allow for maximum strength and flexibility. Popular among horse and cattle owners alike, these panels are designed for use in crowding applications.
- Economy Panels feature loop legs while Utility and Premier Panels feature J-legs to increase the ease of portability and help prevent panels from sinking into wet or boggy ground.
- Utility and Premier Panels also feature “Fishhooks” on the top corners of each panel to help strengthen the corners and to help prevent leg traps between panels.
- Single piece vertical stays that are fitted through drilled rails provide additional strength and structural integrity to our panels.
- Chain connectors allow for quick, tight connections between panels and gates, and help eliminate dangerous foot traps. They also offer increased versatility for connecting panels over uneven ground.
- An Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors adds years of life to your investment by helping the product resist rust, scratches, and fading.
- Don’t forget to ask about our Gate Posts (AGP) and T-Posts, each sold separately.
- Arena Dimensions: 100’ x 200’
- Each Riding Arena is constructed from 12’ panels and includes a 12’ gate and a 6’ x 9’ bow gate
- Economy Panels constructed from 1.66” OD 20 gauge round tubing, with 1.050” OD vertical stays fitted through drilled rails
- Utility Panels constructed from 1.66” OD 20 gauge round tubing, with 1.050” OD vertical stays fitted through drilled rails
- Premier Panels constructed from 1.66” OD 16 gauge Quadraform™ tubing, with 1.050” OD vertical stays fitted through drilled rails
- Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- Don’t forget to ask about our Gate Posts(AGP) and T-Posts, each sold seperatly