ROPING 7,8,9 offers a well thought out design with panel options for multiple use situations
Priefert arenas are 100% made in the United States out the best possible materials and are designed to last. Preifert controls every part of production, starting with slitting steel for there in house tube mill all the way through the powder coating process. When comparing Priefert to other manufactures be sure to ask specific questions about construction and coatings.
Here are a few things to watch out for.
Type of Finish:
Galvanized: Most manufactures are using Electrogalvanization tube with painted welds, this type of galvanizing is a lot thinner and offers far less corrosion protection then Hot-dip galvanization.
Powder Coat: Not all Powder is equal. Quality of powder and quality of application is very important.
Paint: Painted panels are not what they used to be the EPA has put a lot of restrictions on what can be used.
Number of Rails:
Four, Five or Six.
Six rail panels are a lot safer for horses and harder for steers to get stuck in, roping steers love to get their head stuck in four and five rail panels.
Panels should not have plastic top or bottom caps, they break or fall out all the time. Before you know it your panels are full of water and rusting from the inside.
While the idea of having your own roping arena is appealing, the thought of designing and building an arena is often a daunting one. Not to worry, this is where the experts at Priefert Ranch Equipment can help. Priefert is proud to offer a number of pre-designed arena kits. Priefert’s Roping Arenas provide a safe and attractive area for riding and practicing. Our most popular arena size, this arena layout is 150’ wide by 250’ long and includes everything ropers need to create a great practice pen.
As the official equipment provider for the PRCA, NFR, and PBR, Priefert Arenas are used and endorsed by the top athletes and organizations in the world. This basic arena layout features a set of Priefert Roping Boxes, along with the most widely used roping chute in the country – Priefert’s Model RC98M Manual Roping Chute. The opposite end of the arena includes an elevated Priefert Stripping Chute that leads into a small catch pen. A 10’ wide return alley connects the catch pen with the lead up alley to the roping chute. This return alley makes it convenient to return a set of steers or calves for a second round of runs.
This arena layout is available in three different panel options: Utility, Premier, or Rough Stock Arena Panels. Our Utility Panel is our number one selling “Horse-Safe” Panel, offering a number of safety features not found on competitors’ panels. Premier Panels are constructed from our patented Quadraform™ tubing to allow for maximum strength and flexibility. Our Utility and Premier Panels feature chain connectors to ensure tight connections and offer increased versatility to allow for connections over uneven ground. Rough Stock Arena Panels are engineered to handle the high stress crowding of livestock and offer a full 6’ of height. These panels connect using sturdy Rough Stock pin connectors to allow for quick and secure connections. All Priefert panels feature an Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish to help them resist rust, scratches, and fading.
- As the official equipment provider for the PRCA, NFR, and PBR, Priefert Arenas are used and endorsed by the top athletes and organizations in the world.
- Priefert’s Roping Arenas provide a safe and attractive area for riding and practicing.
- Our most popular arena size, this basic Roping Arena layout is 150’ wide by 250’ long and includes a roping chute setup complete with roping boxes, a stripping chute, and a 10’ wide return alley.
- This basic arena layout with return alley features a set of Priefert Roping Boxes. It also includes the most widely used roping chute in the country – Priefert’s Model RC98M Manual Roping Chute.
- Priefert Roping Boxes provide a safe place for horse and rider to wait for the release of a steer or calf. Each box features arched legs to provide better bracing and prevent injuries to horse’s legs.
- The RC98M is specifically engineered to be as quiet as possible. The unique braking system used to control the front release gate can be set to virtually eliminate noise prevalent with competitor chutes.
- The RC98M’s easy fingertip touch release and spring assisted opening ensures that every roper gets the same release of the steer or calf.
- The RC98M features contoured sides that narrow at the bottom to discourage animals from turning around in the chute. With a 14” inside width at the bottom, this chute can be used for both steers and calves.
- The lead up alley to the chute is constructed from Priefert’s Steer Alley Panel and features a 90 degree turn.
- The contoured sides of our Steer Alley Panels are made to the same specifications as our roping chute to create a seamless flow from alley to chute. With a 14” inside width at the bottom, this alley kit discourages animals from turning around and can be used for both steers and calves.
- Three “no-back” alley stops are included to prevent cattle from backing out of the alley once loaded.
- This arena layout also features a small catch pen with a Stripping Chute setup at the entry.
- Priefert’s Stripping Chute is designed to create a safe area for removing ropes and/or head wraps from steers. It features a “step over” entry that’s sheeted to discourage steers from backing out of the stripping chute and a split gate, which can be opened from either side, serves as a blocking gate to keep the steer inside the chute.
- The Stripping Chute’s sheeted bottom includes an open section on each side at the back of the chute to provide easy access for removing heel ropes.
- Another feature of this arena layout is the 10’wide return alley that connects the catch pen with the lead up alley to the roping chute. This return alley makes it convenient to return a set of steers or calves for a second round of runs.
- This arena layout is available in three different panel options: Utility, Premier, or Rough Stock Arena.
- Our number one selling “Horse-Safe” panel line, Utility Panels are recommended for enclosures where heavy pressure is not expected.
- Premier Panels are constructed from our patented Quadraform™ tubing to allow for maximum strength and flexibility. Popular among horse and cattle owners alike, these panels designed for use in crowding applications.
- Utility and Premier Panels feature “Fishhooks” on the top corners of each panel to help strengthen the corners and to help prevent leg traps between panels. They also feature single piece vertical stays that are fitted through drilled rails provide additional strength and structural integrity to our panels.
- Utility and Premier Panels use chain connectors, which allow for quick, tight connections between panels and gates. They also offer increased versatility for connecting to panels over uneven ground.
- The ROPING7 Arena is primarily constructed from Utility Panels with the crowding and high stress areas constructed from Premier Panels.
- Rough Stock Arena Panels are engineered to handle the high stress crowding of livestock. These panels feature straight legs with sealed tops and bottoms to prevent moisture from getting inside the panel legs.
- Rough Stock Arena Panels offer a full 6’ of height to help discourage livestock from jumping on the panels. Heavy duty, fully welded vertical stays provide maximum strength and stability.
- Rough Stock Arena Panels connect using sturdy Rough Stock pin connectors to allow for quick and secure connections between panels and to additional components.
- Our panels feature an Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors to add years of life to your investment by helping the product resist rust, scratches and fading.
- Don’t forget to ask about our Gate Posts (AGP) and T-Posts, each sold separately.
- Arena Dimensions: 150’ x 250’ with a 10’ return alley
- Each Roping Arena is constructed from 12’ panels and includes a Model 98 Manual Roping Chute, Steer Panel Alley Kits with a 90 degree turn, 3 “no-back” alley stops, a Model RCS98SC Stripping Chute, and a set of Roping Boxes
- Crowding and high stress areas of ROPING7 Arena are constructed from Premier Panels
- Utility Panels constructed from 1.66” OD 20 gauge round tubing, with 1.050” OD vertical stays fitted through drilled rails
- Premier Panels constructed from 1.66” OD 16 gauge Quadraform™ tubing, with 1.050” OD vertical stays fitted through drilled rails
- Rough Stock Arena Panels constructed from 2” OD 16 gauge tubing
- Panels, Stripping Chute, Roping Chute, and Roping Boxes feature Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- Don’t forget to ask about our Gate Posts (AGP) and T-Posts, each sold separately