WHAT DOES “TOUGH ENOUGH FOR CATTLE, SAFE ENOUGH FOR HORSES” REALLY MEAN?
Tough Enough for Cattle:
What do cattlemen look for most in a corral panel? DURABILITY & VERSATILITY! Priefert Premier Panels are engineered for top performance in crowding situations. They incorporate a number of features designed to make them more durable and more versatile than any other panel, making them the best value on the market.
- Uniquely designed to maximize strength, Priefert’s Quadraform’ tubing virtually doubles the vertical strength of the panel. When a 1,000 lb cow comes down on top of most panels, they are immediately destroyed and the cows are out. The greatest strength of Quadraform’ tubing is that it supports downward pressure better than traditional round tubing, which makes it a natural selection when working with cattle. In addition, Quadraform’ tubing absorbs more horizontal pressure, like that applied in crowding conditions, without creasing or becoming weakened.
- By drilling a hole through each horizontal rail, then threading a single-piece tube through each rail and welding them solidly in place, maximum durability is achieved. Most other panels on the market use a “Z-brace’ vertical stay which is much weaker and easier to compromise.
- Quadraform’ tubing on the end of the panel, coupled with heavy chain connectors, maximize versatility and eliminate dangerous leg traps between panels. Setup is easier on uneven ground and no special connectors are required for multiple panel connections, to connect to other brands of panels, or to connect to permanent fencing. Everything you need is part of the panel! J-legs prevent the panel from sinking into soft soil and make it easier to slide the panel along the ground when moving it. The “Fishhooks’ on the top of the panel help strengthen the corners and help prevent leg traps between panels.
- All Priefert panels are coated with a super-high TGIC Architectural Grade Powder Coat with UV inhibitors. This protects your investment by ensuring that your panels resist scratching, rusting, and damage from sunlight and weather. Safe Enough for Horses.
Safe Enough for Horses:
Without question, the top concern among horse owners is safety. Priefert Premier Panels are engineered to provide maximum strength and maximum safety. The heaviest of our Horse-Safe panel options, durability and the aesthetic appeal of a high-grade powder coat finish make Premier Panels a common choice for top professionals and amateurs alike.
- Our patented Quadraform’ tubing allows us to incorporate more safety features and versatility. Many panels leave dangerous foot traps at gaps between panels. The chain connectors and Quadraform’ tubing used on our panels allows each panel to fit flat against the next one, eliminating gaps that create dangerous foot traps. Not only do our panels eliminate this gap, but, in the event that an animal rears up and gets its leg on top of the panel, Priefert’s unique “Fishhook’ top corners help to guide the animal’s leg up and off of the panel.
- Close confinement can increase the risk of injury. For that reason, Priefert goes the extra step for safety to ensure there are no sharp corners on our panels. Since our Premier Walk-thru Panels and 6’x9′ Premier Bow Gates are the most often used gates for the confinement of horses in stalls or round pens, we roll the bottom of the open tubing used on these gates. If a horse lies down and draws a leg along the bottom of one of these gates, there will be no cuts.
- External stays present the opportunity for a knee or toe to be hung if the horse gets too close to the panel, creating a hazard for the horse and the rider. Our single-piece vertical stays through drilled rails increase safety for man and animal by eliminating that risk.
- Many panels have sharp edges where horses might get cut or use risky connections that aren’t secure and can lead to injury. Our heavy chain connectors provide a more secure, tighter-fitting connection. Setup is easy, even on uneven ground and no special connectors are required for multiple panel connections or to tie in to other panel brands or permanent fencing. Everything you need is part of the panel.